Franklin D Roosevelt
Governor General 1933 – 1935
COMMONWEALTH OF THE PHILIPPINES
Above: Rizal Football Stadium
Above: Manila Polo Club
- Gov. Frank Murphy was the last American Governor General.
- The position for the President of the Commonwealth was created the following year.
- The Rizal Football Field is now the RMSC and yes it’s that old.
- The Manila Polo Club is still maintains its exclusive membership to the upper elite.
- Most of these building were destroyed during WW2.
- Manila City was planned and its buildings laid out according to the Burnham Plan.
- The plan was abandoned shortly after Pres. Manuel Quezon took over.
- It would appear, in my opinion, that the Philippine legislature, at that time, conducted several studies on which projects to re-allocate the funds.
- I’m sure the Americans conducted a more extensive study on the planning of the city and if they could have had their way, Manila would look like any American city today.